You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waking

His body is warm. His hair is tousled. He reaches his arms up to me and I lift him up. He rests his head on my shoulder and wraps his legs around my waist. I wrap my arms around him.

I sit down on the couch and pull a wool blanket around the boy. He leans into me. We cuddle while we watch his sister watching a video.

He starts to cry. What's wrong? I ask him. Papa he says. You want daddy? I ask. Yes.

I put the phone on speaker and the boy mumbles and nods his head as the husband's voice fills the room. Nothing is really said, but it's enough.

We say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Comfort oozes from this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa--my father was "Papa". It's what my husband wants to be called too. There's something so familiar about that name.

    ReplyDelete