You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Go!

Mommy no go! he says to me when I bring up the idea of a babysitter coming to play with him and his sister. He doesn't like the idea of me going out and leaving him with someone he doesn't know. Or maybe me leaving at all. But we have finally found two amazing babysitters, sisters, and we plan to take advantage of them.

I know I say, trying to think of something that will make him agree to me going out without him. What if your aunt and uncle have some special playtime with you when they come for Christmas and mommy and daddy goes out. He stares at me for a second as if he is seriously considering it. Then he replies, his voice firm and authoritative. Mommy no go.

What about I say trying to infuse my voice with as much excitement as possible. What about your aunt and uncle take you to the diner for a special lunch when they are here for Christmas! That would be fun.

I watch the possibilities flicker across his face. He asks if his sister could come. I say yes. He mentions that he would eat macaroni and cheese. I tell him that sounds like a good idea.

His voice firm and authoritative he issues his decree. Mommy go.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, so wonderful when our kids have confidence. Bittersweet when they need us a little bit less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ha! So my son isn't the only one who refuses to let me be by myself. Great...?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you just have to figure out his currency! Sounds like macaroni and cheese may be it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The wonders of mac and cheese. Will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete