You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Go. Stop.

Go. Stop. Go. Stop.

I have come to see my life as a series of moments. Some over in the blink of an eye. Some stretched out like salt water taffy, pulled apart piece by piece until all the little bits are shoved quickly into a mouth and slowly savoured.

Go. Stop. Go. Stop.

The holidays are almost here and the pace of life has changed. No school. Many preparations. The days feel longer. The days are fuller.

Go. Stop. Go. Stop.

I find myself thinking about all the moments that have come before. Last Christmas. The Christmas morning I found out I was pregnant with the boy. My first Christmas as a mom. All the Christmases of my childhood that seem to blend together into one. Like a technicolored dream.

Go. Stop. Go. Stop.

They rush past me. Around the table, past the tree and into the hallway. I find myself wondering where they are going. Running so fast through their their childhood; pulling me along behind them. Sometimes I try to keep up. Sometimes I am dragged kicking and screaming.

Go. Stop. Go. Stop.

3 comments:

  1. Right now it feels like its all happening so fast. They're growing so fast. The moments are rushing by. I'm in the 'being dragged kicking and screaming' sort of mind-frame

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm asking for a little more stop for xmas ;) Or the energy to go at their pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about how fast it goes by makes me sad. Sad that they are little for such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete