You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, November 5, 2010

Boy

Me boy he says. Yes I reply, you are a boy. Old he tells me. Yes, you are an old boy I nod.

Which toothbrush would you like? I ask him
Boy toothbrush he says
Would you like this red spoon? I ask him.
Boy spoon he says.
Should we read this book? I ask him.
Boy book he says.
Do you want to eat an apple? I ask him.
Boy apple he says.

Whah he says, pretending to rub at his eyes. Are you crying? I ask him. Baby whah he informs me. Are you a baby? I question him as I pull him onto my lap. Me boy he corrects me. Yes, you are a boy I agree with him. But you are still my baby I think to myself.

2 comments:

  1. Total sweetness. I love watching them discover who they are, step by step. You capture it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. One day they will appreciate all these moments you are recording so well.

    ReplyDelete