You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whispers

She presses her mouth against my ear and speaks in what she thinks is a whisper. She says something, anything, about what she wants or what she doesn't like. I feel her breath trickle into me. It makes me shudder and I laugh.

He wants a turn too. He leans towards my ear and mumbles nonsense. Abababba, he whispers even though he is perfectly capable of speaking words I will understand. But whispering is something special and so he creates his words from nothing. All so he can breathe them into my ear.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Poetry. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy gavolt, as we Jews say, I love your writing style. Yes you have a tremendous gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here to read your blissdom post which was fabulous but I'm thrilled to have found your blog which is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete