You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, October 15, 2010

Reflection

I can see me in your eyes she said to me as we snuggled under the covers in my bed. It was true. Her face was reflected in my blue eyes as she started intently at me, her face inches from mine. I can see me too I said as I leaned closer to her. Our noses almost touched. We watched each other.

I breathed it in.

Don't move she said as she tried to poke the reflection of herself. Don't poke my eye! I shrieked quietly, worried about waking the boy asleep in the next room. I pulled my head back but her index finger pursued my left eyeball until she made contact. Satisfied, she dropped her hand onto the top of the covers. Irritated, I sighed.

We cuddled for a moment longer, my arms wrapped around her, and then we headed downstairs.  

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been visiting here enough lately. I had forgotten what an amazing writer you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and a little scary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! sweet moments are so often intertwined with weird/irritating preschooler moments aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My toddler and I often put one eye really close up and stare into it....I love that time. :)
    I love cuddles too although I wasn't too happy to be disturbed by him looking for cuddles all last night! ;0S

    ReplyDelete