You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dat bus

We sit beside each other on the bus stop bench. Just waiting. We are always early, so worried am I that we will be late. So we wait.

Is that your sister's bus? I ask him pointing at a car as it drives past us. No! he shrieks as if I have said the funniest thing he has ever heard. Is that your sister's bus? I say about the bike heading down a cross street. No! he yells.

Dat bus? he asks me pointing to a truck coming down the road, a pleased smile on his face. No! I laugh, as if what he has said is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

We sit and wait and pretend to see the girl's bus. Until we actually do see it, and then we stand and wave. Waiting for her just a little bit longer.

4 comments:

  1. D has started to recognize M's bus as we wait. It is so fun to see him get all excited when he sees the yellow bus come around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand in the garage everyday for almost 10 minutes, flipping through flyers and old newspapers, waiting for the bus to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when toddlers tell jokes. It's just about the cutest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Wait until he starts on knock knock jokes... :)

    ReplyDelete