You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back of the bus

When the bus pulls up in front of our house the boy and I are there waiting. We have spent the last few minutes jumping and twirling and looking for the bus. Until there it is.

The bus stops and the door opens while I scan the faces staring back at me. I finally spot her through the window standing on the seat in the very last row. The bus door stays open but she doesn't move. She is wedged in the corner by her two friends and they are slow to let her out. They are too busy yelling hello to me.

I yell hello back and wave and wave at all the kids as they wave at me. When the girl appears her coat is zipped open and she is clutching her mitts in one hand. She takes her time walking down the stairs and away from the bus, stopping only to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment