You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, July 23, 2010

Neck

My favorite place to kiss him was the soft skin under his neck. I would bend my head down and sneak my lips into the small space between his chin and his chest. I would push my kiss into his smooth skin. He would laugh or smile when I pulled away.

He still lets me kiss him there, but I have to be sneakier than I used to. The skin is still soft, but the baby smell is gone.

His favorite place to sit was curled on my chest, his head tucked in my neck. Once his whole body stretched the length of my torso, the hair on the top of his head tickling me. He would round his back and snuggle into me.

He still lies on my chest, but now his bum rests on my lap and his legs wrap around my waist. He curls his back until it is rounded like a crescent moon and he lays his head on the edge of my shoulder.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. It's a prose poem. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me want to go and scoop littlest out of bed and squeeze him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the chin is one of my favs too. So sweet. Sometimes sticky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you pick up a baby and their face goes up towards the ceiling and the spot under their chin is placed perfectly for kissing. Now my son is almost as tall as me and we can trade shoes. But he still sticks his face in my boobs and says 'Mommy!' when I crawl in his bed to scratch his back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sniff, sniff...

    @ Rebecca LOL...sticky...so true

    ReplyDelete