You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Moments of rest

I grab my moments where I can. The boy fast asleep in my arms, his head resting on my shoulder, despite the loud noise in the gym where we stand waiting for his sister. The girl leaning into me while we cuddle and watch a video on the couch. Maybe too much video even, but I am tired so I make allowances.

Those are my moments of rest.

The day is a whirlwind. Getting groceries, play dates with friends, baking muffins at the kitchen table, hours spent in the park, wagons ride that end abruptly with tears and a return home. They run and twirl and spin around me even as I try to stand still.

I am an introvert. I need quiet time with myself to feel refreshed. To feel ready for the next request demand command.

So I grab my moment where I can. And sometimes I wish for more.

1 comment:

  1. uh, yeah, more for me would be A+ maybe in 5 years when all little things are in school for a couple of hours every day...

    ps, I'm passing an award your way!
    http://jennoreilly.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/i-won/

    ReplyDelete