You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dancing with perfection

I hate you. I love you.
Badly I wanted to attain you.
Make you mine. But no more.
I have stopped now. Most days.
Sometimes I forget and covet you.
Blinded by desire to be perfect.
But you aren't good for me.
You make me unhappy with myself.
Like I'm not ever good enough.
So I am walking away. Again.
But I will probably be back.


This is post was written for six word fridays hosted by Making Things Up.

10 comments:

  1. Perfection is a wicked mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk away! Walk away! Stay away! :)
    Perfection is a stressfully impossible ideal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are participating! And my friend, this I know only too well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's tough dancing, but it's dancing.
    The right partner will come along.

    Thanks..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the quest for perfection emits some kind of gravitational that keeps us firmly in its orbit. No matter how hard and fast we run, the force is strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the way you describe it...dancing with perfection.

    ReplyDelete