You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day

This day is like any other. I mother them just the same. They may give me extra hugs and presents and hand print flowers that she made at school, but there isn't any difference.

Every day I am a mother. Every day I do this job. I do it willingly. I do lovingly. I do it consciously.

I mother them like I would want to be mothered. Sometimes my voice is raised, sometimes my patience leaves me. Always I am trying, just like they are trying.

We are partners, them and I. We work together every day to enjoy each other, learn from each other, be kind to each other.

Every day I am their mother and they are my family.

5 comments:

  1. So true! It's the job that you can never have a day off, and even if you could you probably wouldn't :) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Mothering really is about every day. Day in and day out. It's not about one day, lovely as the day may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once a mother, always a mother! :) Very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! I like the belief that we are partners with our children!

    ReplyDelete