You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Workout

I grab the suspended weight with both hands. With a firm grip I brace my legs and then push push push until the weight is up over my head. I pause for a moment, then let it go and step to the right to avoid its trajectory as it falls behind me.

Quickly, I jog back into position. I grab the second suspended weight and repeat the same motions. Gripping the weight. Pushing it over my head. Holding it suspended in the air. Letting it fall behind me.

I repeat and repeat and repeat until I collapse on the ground in exhaustion. Or I convince them to get out of the swings.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds harder than the bodypump (weight training) class I went to on Monday. Think of all the money you're saving on gym memberships! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, so I am thinking that I should start hiring these two out as personal trainers. They will yell at you like no one else. Anyone interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Violet turned four, I told her that she was no longer allowed in the baby swings. I may have said it was a law...ahem...my goal being total swing independence by age 5. My deadline is fast approaching and I still haven't managed to impart the wisdom of leg pumping. It's way harder to teach than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too true. You must be in good shape by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing I read this before going back to the kitchen to grab some more Easter chocolate. Thank you for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha-ha, so taking care of four kids is like working out 4 times a week, in one day. Awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. It is a workout, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you teach them to leg pump? I can't remember how I learned it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always prefered to "push" myself, although I can't remember far enough back to when I could not use my own weight to accelerate my flight.

    ReplyDelete