You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, April 16, 2010

Perfect day

Nova tagged me awhile ago for a meme about my perfect day. I have spent all this time thinking about it and came up with the following. Can you tell that I am both a hair-splitter and a list maker?

1. My totally unrealistic perfect day

The husband and I wake up in a hotel in London. We have breakfast in bed before heading out into a beautiful spring day. We spend the morning wandering Notting Hill Market, and walking by my old flat, before grabbing lunch and heading to the British Museum to spend the afternoon. We have dinner somewhere lovely and romantic.

2. A maybe attainable perfect day

I wake up to a quiet house. Friends pick me up and we head to Le Nordik spa for a morning spent alternating between the sauna and the pools. We stop for lunch nearby at a great little vegetarian restaurant. The afternoon is spent getting pedicures at my favorite spa. Dinner is ready when I get home. The kids shower me with affection and then go to bed easily. I watch a video with the husband as we snuggle on the couch.

3. A totally within my reach perfect day

I wake up at 6:30 am. The kids wake up at 6:30 am. It is a beautiful day and the kids and I spend the morning at the park. There is no whining or crying or yelling. We have a healthy lunch at home that the kids eat all of. The boy has a long nap. The girl reads books. We have a play date with friends. There is no hitting or pushing or fighting. We have a healthy dinner at home that the kids eat all of. The kids are asleep by 7 pm. And sleep all night.


My perfect day is really so easy to pick. Number three hands down. But I think that I need to rename it. Sometimes it feels more like a totally unrealistic perfect day!

How about you? What would be your perfect way to spend the day?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the post....one day I'm sure will get number 1....when the children are all grown up. But yes number 3 is certainly the best whilst they are so little. Time goes so quickly and they grow up so fast we have to make the most of every moment. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You number 2 day sounds like something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. 1,2 and 3 too. It is all the little things that add up to the real perfect day. The most pleasant are often non-event and unexpected. Like when you find yourselves on an almost empty beach full of flat pebbles for skipping in the water. Ahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My perfect day starts with a huge smile from our 7 month old daughter when we go in to get her and a hug on being picked up. Breakfast where the pugs don't try to steal from her/she doesn't encourage them to steal from her by hanging food-covered hands over the edge of the chair. A nice walk to Starbucks and maybe a jaunt around town. Lunch where the pugs don't try to steal from her/she doesn't encourage them to steal from her (etc ..). A relaxing afternoon with storytime and playtime. Dinner where the pugs don't try to steal from her/she doesn't encourage them (etc). An easy bedtime, and then cuddle time on the couch with a good movie.

    The smile when we go to get her is actually how we start our day most days, but since it is one of my favourite parts of the day, I felt it had to be included in this "perfect day" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about perspective isn't it. But I have to agree, though they obviously all sound fabulous, for right now number 3 is really what we all need. Just happy, quality time with family. The only thing I would change is the time we get up in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These days my perfect day would be to have a whole day to clean my house uninterrupted. I am a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great!! Funny how our wants/needs change over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 3 sounds pretty good to me. But maybe I'd change 6:30 to 7:30. A girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete