You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feeling sorry

I was feeling sorry for myself this morning.

Sorry for myself that I have a child that likes to wake up for hours almost every night. Sorry for myself that we feel lost about how to get her to sleep. Sorry for myself for being exhausted all the time. Sorry for myself about not having lost the weight from my last pregnancy. Sorry for myself for not having the energy or will to exercise more. Sorry for myself that we don't have family in town.

Then I got a phone call. A friend was sick and home alone with her two kids. Could I help?

A switch was flicked. No more feeling sorry for myself.

The problems are still there. The exhaustion is still there. The weight is still squatting around my waist.

All the reasons to feel sorry for myself are still there. I will probably revisit them later. But not right now. Right now I am too busy.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes doing something for someone else is just the ticket.

    Also, I hear you. And I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry too. So many of us are in the same boat. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brie, you are obviously a kind person to put someone else's needs in front of your own (and I'm not just talking about your children!).

    Tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's always good to get a smack upside the head to help us stop navel gazing, at least for a few minutes. and helping someone else has that endorphin effect somehow.

    i hope sleep comes soon. with sleep the rest will work itself out. i have to keep telling myself that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have those days, feeling sorry for ourselves. Hopefully your friend in need was exactly what you needed to get you out of your funk.

    p.s. Our little girl didn't start sleeping through the night until I came back from my Workshop and she switched to her big girl bed! Now we are all sleeping much better ;)

    ReplyDelete