You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A boy and his stroller

Can you talk to him a minute, I say passing the phone over to the boy, I have to run upstairs.

Sure says the husband.

From all the way up the stairs I can hear his voice over the speaker phone mingling with his son's.

Are you having a good day?

Ya!

Are you reading a book?

Ya!

Did you drop the phone?

Ya!

What are you doing now? Are you sitting on the couch?

Ya!

Are you looking out the window?

Meow.

Do you see the cat?

Ya!

Be careful of the cat! Are you petting the cat?

Ya!

Are you being careful of the cat?

Ya!

I run down the stairs.

Don't worry I say. He is sitting strapped into his stroller in the middle of the living room. The phone is where he dropped it on the floor. The cat isn't even in the room.

Oh says the husband.

Thanks for occupying him I say.

No problem he says.

Then we say goodbye.

7 comments:

  1. :) He's a positive little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally tickled my funny bone. Toddlers - you gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping them contained and safe and happy while doing what you need to do sometimes certainly can be challenging some times - good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha so need to bring the stroller in more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that! And at least he isn't saying 'no' to everything!

    ReplyDelete