You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, April 30, 2010

Alfalfa

A tiny little ponytail sprouts from the top of his head. The hair, wrapped in a orange elastic, points straight up towards the ceiling. In the mornings when I brush his sister's hair, dividing it and then making two pigtails, he comes to me, tapping the top of his head. He waits while I finish and then stands patiently while he gets his own. Throughout the day he checks to make sure it is still there. He loves his ponytail, my little blond Alfalfa.

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I love children, and their complete lack of gender stereotypes. I wish they would never lose that, but eventually, you have to let them out into society, and then they learn about what "Everyone" expects from boys and girls, men and women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Jamie used to ask me to put hairclips in his hair when I was putting them in Hana's. He used to look so cute with little pink butterflies in his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious! I wish I could see it but am just imagining. If you would like to participate I have an award for you at my blog because I think yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fun! You're a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, he must be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, so cute...I can just picture it :)

    ReplyDelete