You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A year

A lot has happened in the last year. My baby became a toddler. My toddler became a girl. We settled in our life as a foursome.

I started blogging.

At first I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes I still don't. But I did it anyway and here we are. A year later.

I wish now I had started sooner because blogging has changed my life.

Blogging has helped me to find my voice. It has prompted me to overcome my fear of writing and to discover that it is both something that I love and that I am good at. I am proud of what I write. I am eager to learn how I can improve.

Blogging has given me confidence in my parenting. Writing about the daily challenges and struggles have allowed me to take a step back and view my experiences with new eyes. To find the humour where I might not otherwise see it. To realize that I am doing a good job with these kids of mine, despite how I might feel sometimes.

Blogging has reminded me that that we are all our stories. I have been excited to find bloggers with similar stories to mine and been glad to share their journey. I have been amazed and awed by the stories of others. Reading these real-life stories has made me reflect on my own in ways that reading fiction never has.

Blogging has introduced me to bloggers whose "in real-life" friendships I have come to value and count on. Friends that I may not have met otherwise but whose company I adore.

Three hundred and sixty five days. Almost as many posts.

The next year will bring as many changes. The kids will keep growing. I will head back to work. The husband will take over as the primary caregiver. I hope that I will continue to blog once I am back sitting in front of a desk all day. I don't want to lose what I have started here.

Let's see shall we? Let's see what the next year brings.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Glad to hear you still love blogging after a year. As a 4 month-er, I hope I still enjoy it as much in 8 months.

    Happy Bloggiversary, then! Here's to 12 more months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy yeariversary! I'm so glad you started blogging :) I really enjoy your blog... it's the only one I follow where I read every post. I hope you find the time and energy to continue with it after you head back to work. I wonder if your husband will do some guest posting, while he's the primary caregiver. That would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I will be following along to see what the next year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, and thanks so much for playing along in my link-up!

    I feel so lucky to have made your (virtual) acquaintance this past year. I really hope that you continue blogging after you return to work, too. I would miss your voice if you weren't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well said! I absolutely love "Blogging has reminded me that that we are all our stories" - I can completely relate and that sentence just jumped out right at me. I'm thrilled to have found your blog, to have met you in person, and am so proud to call you a friend.

    Awwwwww . . . "sniff sniff".

    I am just like you in hoping I will continue with the blog when I head back to work in the fall. We can be there to support each other :)

    Congrats on a fabulous year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what the next year brings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope you continue with blogging once you`re back to work too! I love your blog and look forward to reading it every day! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on reaching a year! Well said, I feel exactly the same way about blogging x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A year! Congratulations. I for one am glad we met at BlogOutLoud and that we have since become friends. I enjoy your company and value your advice. Thank You Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! A year, it's amazing what can happen in a year. So happy that your blog has become so much to you. Most of us can relate.

    I'm also excited to read about your return to work. It's a whole new dimension to add to life, it's not easy, but it has it's own share of rewards. We'll be here to support you along the way.

    ReplyDelete