You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Discovering my passion

This post was written as my entry to the Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest. What would I write as my last blog post if electrical storms were going to wipe out the Internet, possibility forever? This.

Thank you.

Thank you for listening to me rant about my children, bemoan the lack of sleep I get and worry about my parenting skills. Thank you for leaving me kind comments that make me feel better and remind me I am not alone. Thank you for sharing with me your own lives and thoughts.

I am going to miss you all.

To those that I won't be able to keep in touch with anymore, those of you that live across the country and on the other side of the world, be well and know that I will be thinking of you. To those that have become my friends in person, those of you that have seen my messy house and my messy children, know that I will be calling you. The phones are still working. I plan to use them frequently.

I hope that this electrical storm or whatever it is will pass and when I go to turn on my computer tomorrow the red light will illuminate and the funny computer sounds will start. I hope that because what I am most thankful for about the Internet is the passion I have discovered for writing.

This blog has been my lifeline, my therapy, my place to find humour in the everyday. The words I have written here on this blog have helped me understand myself better. I will miss coming and writing these stories for myself, for my kids, for you.

I need these words. They are my memories. They are mine and I love them. I plan to copy and paste them into a file on my computer and print them out. They will be a reminder of my online adventure and my adventure in parenting. Without you all to motivate me to keep writing I can't promise that I will add to these pages.

But I will try.

8 comments:

  1. "Adventures in parenting" so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry - good luck!

    And I feel you. I feel very affectionate towards my own blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I think many of us can relate :-) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You are a beautiful writer and get better and better. If the internet really was disappearing I'd be very sad.
    I'm going to try to write mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogs are therapy, if you let them be. Mine certainly can be.

    I think you should also call yours a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing - I love this post!! Blogging is so amazing, I can hardly believe that not everyone does it. I'm so thrilled to have found your blog and to be able to share in your journey.

    Awwwwww :) Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous entry - good luck! I'm already set for BlogHer and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete