You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Some

The word I use to describe my life right now is some. Sometimes, some days, somehow.

Sometimes I am the mother I want to be. Sometimes I'm not. Sometimes my patience is endless. Sometimes I am full of frustration. Sometimes I can't imagine doing anything else other than being at home with these kids. Sometimes I can't wait to go back to work. Sometimes I am overwhelmed. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Some days we bake and make craft and go to the park. Some days I turn on the TV. Some days I make healthy lunches and snacks. Some days I hand over granola bars and cookies. Some days a broken sleep makes me miserable and angry with everyone. Some days I need no sleep at all. Some days I can overlook the fact that I asked one of the kids six times to pick up the banana they dropped on the floor and it is still there. Sometimes that banana is my breaking point.

Somehow we all keep going. Somehow we wake up everyday and do it all again.

Always I love them.

10 comments:

  1. I love how well you capture this stuff. You take the words I wish I could write and make them beautiful. It feels tremendously good to read that others feel the same. Another way I describe my life right now is: Not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, and I think we are all on the same page. (Mothers, I mean!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. you are good at this. Totally some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely.
    It's amazing how we react differently at different times isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe-some

    motherhood
    your voice

    awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like you have an IV feed into my brain.

    Beautiful and touching as usual :)

    Thanks for always putting out there the emotion and thoughts the rest of us can't verbalize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exactly me! All the somes that add up to life and fun and busy and crazy!

    ReplyDelete