You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, February 15, 2010

Parking lot

The boy feel asleep on the car ride home from a play date. I knew he wouldn't transfer from the car to his crib so we kept driving. From one end of the city to the other. We got bagels with cream cheese from a drive-through for the girl and I. We drove some more. We bought three small orders of french fries for us and the mother-in-law from a fast-food drive-through. We sat in the parked car and ate them all. The boy woke up crying. We drove home.

8 comments:

  1. How many times have I crissed crossed the city, on some pointless errand... just to keep one of the boys asleep in the back seat? Countless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who, when things are really ugly, strap their kids in the car and just drive. They bring a book so that when the littles finally succumb, they can have some peaceful reading time. To be honest, if my daughter would sleep in the car, I'd probably do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've driven the back roads out to the country countless times in the last 9 months to just get some solid sleep. I often get a coffee first and then drive. Sometimes I bring a friend. Sometimes when they fall asleep I drive home and sit in the car in the driveway and play with my iphone. I think the only reason I take the back roads is because I got so sick of the highway from when K was a baby ;) Glad he got a bit of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That works for me as long as the car is moving. As soon as I stop, I have about 5 mins before the baby wakes up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally been there and done that. Next time you're cruising the city, stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually kind of looked forward to those times, because it meant a little ME time and quiet time. And yes, I got to know Ottawa very well in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there done that so very many times! Actually when our second son was born, my husband and I used to strop them both in, get a coffee and just go for drives. It seemed to be the only time we'd actually get to talk.

    ReplyDelete