You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fruit salad

He is snuggled next to me on the couch eating fruit salad from a cup. I turn away from him for a moment to check on the girl. She is standing inches from the computer screen watching a video. I debate asking her to move back and sit in her chair. I don't.

He has spilled his fruit salad. Juice runs onto the couch cover, pieces of fruit scattered around him. I lean over to pick up the pieces and he yells at me. Are you going to pick them up yourself? I ask him. Yeah, he says before bending over and biting into a small bit of peach. He smiles at me.

1 comment:

  1. How very child indeed - what is it with the yelling - mine are very into it at the moment too. Its exhausting.
    I love your little Vingettes.(my spelling is hopeless - apologies)

    ReplyDelete