You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Watercolours

The girl got a watercolour set for Christmas. I bought it for the boy to give to his sister. I think it was her best present. She has paints with it everyday.

She likes to sit at the dining room table in her smock and swirl her paintbrush around in the dish of water before smushing the brush in the paint colour of her choice. The eight colours are almost all gone. The girl has to dig out the remaining paint from the corners.

We now have sheets and sheets of paintings all over the house. Some on watercolour paper, painted before the pad ran out.

I framed one of the pictures today. Painted at the top left side of the page are the girl and the boy surrounded by a circle. She and her brother together at the park.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift to pick out for your son to give his sister. Great idea! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid art really does make the best decor. Enjoy your budding painter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls love to paint too. The tonnage of crafts that they produce is truly huge. I haven't framed any yet, but I have lots up in my office on the bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My refrig and walls are covered with artwork. I started a box to for keepsake artwork (the folder just seems to small) That was a great idea for a gift from your son to your daughter. Love your blog and looking forward to reading it more this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful really beautiful post, you capture moments so well.
    At age 7 and 9 my chilren have three folios each - I hate throwing away their drawings - so another big black folio buying spree I must have - i just can't do it - they can when they are my age and I give it all to them for their 30th birthdays...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gifts that kids create beauty with - da best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! There is no better gift than the gift of art! :)

    ReplyDelete