I was kindly tagged twice recently and it has taken me much too long to complete the memes. A Sunday morning seemed like the perfect time.
Here are two lists.
Ten things that make me happy from April at Lifeslightlyused.
1. My family, of course. That was an easy one.
2. My new (used) snowpants. I bought them before Christmas and they have made the walks to and from school much more bearable.
3. My new glasses. I bought them just after Christmas. The prescription was only slightly different but it was nice to have a new style of glasses after five years.
4. Blogging. I am coming up on one year of blogging now and I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through these months without it. It made me feel less lonely some days.
5. The thought of spring. I am holding fast to the idea that there is only two more months of winter. I have decided that spring will start in March this year. You're welcome.
6. My new hangout. There is a cafe near the girl's school and I have been stopping there almost everyday after dropping her off at school. The boy has taken to falling asleep on the walk so I have been letting him sleep and sitting and drinking a latte in silence. Bliss.
7. Reading. I have read some excellent books lately. I am also excited to be joining my first book club and getting together with some other women to discuss these books. And hopefully eat.
8. Food. I love food. I love good food. In fact, nothing makes me less happy then bad food. Especially if I have had to pay for it.
9. An afternoon off. Yesterday I went to see a movie by myself. This was the second time I have done this is six months and I loved it. I sat by myself laughing and munching my popcorn.
10. Planning. I am a big planner. There is something exciting about planning an project. In this case, I have started planning my trip to NYC for BlogHer'10. It is nice to have something to look forward to. And since the husband is going to fly out and join me for a few days after the conference ends, there is lots to look forward to.
Ten secrets from Emily at Emily's Latest
1. I think I actually like my house messy. I am coming to the conclusion that a state of chaos must in fact be a comfort to me because I seem so reluctant to clean up. And when it is tidy (i.e. when my mother-in-law is visiting) my mind doesn't know how to process what I see.
2. I ate cookies for breakfast. I figured since it was 5:30 am I can eat whatever I want for breakfast.
3. I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday. I guess if you've seen me in person that isn't really a secret, but maybe you were under the impression that I was only wearing my hair in a ponytail that day.
4. I plan to plot out on a map all of the vegetarian restaurants the husband and I want to eat at in NYC and then make a schedule of what we will eat when. I may even choose our hotel based on the proximity to the largest number of restaurants. I will probably plan this over a period of a few months.
5. I buy most of the kids clothes second hand.
6. I would like to branch out from cupcakes and learn to make donuts. I read somewhere that donuts are the new cupcakes.
7. One of my best memories is when the husband ate half a cantaloupe after dinner at my dad and stepmother's because he was trying to make a good impression and didn't want to tell them he didn't eat fruit. I laughed and laughed inside.
8. I used to be afraid of colour but now our house is full of bright colours. They make me happy.
9. I don't miss living in Winnipeg, but I miss the beauty of the Prairies. The sunsets on the Prairies are like no where else.
10. I get a thrill every time someone leaves a comment on my blog. Thank you.