You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, January 4, 2010

1996

I met you outside of the Covent Garden tube station. You were there with your friends from school. I was there to meet my new roommates. Women I had just met hours before but had agreed to live with for the next three months.

We went to a pub. I spoke with you a bit. I thought you were interesting. Someone I would like to get to know better. But not right then. I was too distracted. For once there were men lining up to go out with me. When it rains it pours.

None of those dates were what I wanted. I went for dinner, to a show, for coffee. I moved on.

One night I was sitting in your flat with my friends and your friends and you mentioned a play you were going to see that weekend. You issued an open invitation. I thought nothing of it. Then it was Saturday afternoon and I found myself calling you and inviting myself along.

That was the beginning. Of all of this.

9 comments:

  1. So cute!

    What made you move to Ottawa?

    Jared and I met at Zaphod's (a bar in the Byward Market, for those reading and not from here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Why is it our hubbies come along right when all the men are barking down our doors for once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! What a beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. Great story to tell the grandkids someday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A love story started in London, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting that sometimes you have to go half way around the world to find someone to make a home with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great romantic post! More people should do 'how we met' posts!:)

    ReplyDelete