You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, December 18, 2009

Wall

Hi Wall. I think I am going to ram my head into you any minute now. Oh, yup. I just did.

In case you are under the impression that all our sleep issues have been resolved then you are wrong. The boy wakes after sleeping for four and five hours crying bloody murder. Teeth? Maybe. I have been taking him to bed with me while the husband sleeps on a mattress on the floor of the boy's room. Unfortunately, the boy is still up early. Four-thirty if we are lucky. Nothing nothing we do will get him to go back to sleep. He is also still napping twice a day. That is what happens when you rise before the sun.

This morning he woke at 3:45. Awake and ready to go. I almost had a nervous breakdown right there and then.

So, back to the drawing board. No more coming to bed with me. The husband is taking over the night duties. At least until he has a his nervous breakdown.

And in unrelated news, the boy got his fingers stuck in an elevator door yesterday. He is fine. More to come at a late time.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no!! On BOTH!! THIS is getting to be quite enough!! :D I would have to consider asking our Pediatrician about medicinal alternatives!! And not just for me!! Believe me, there have been times when I would consider Benedryl to maybe CONK mine out...but MY luck would be that it would work the OTHER way and AMP them! If it were just a teething problem, then mine would usually go back down after giving them tylenol...but to be AWAKE at 3:45?? I too would be going after the WALL!! Hang in there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! Poor you guys! I hope it all gets figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young toddlers are fun! Only, not so much. My 16-month-old is sleeping a little longer in the mornings, but otherwise I am right there with you. Disaster! Mayhem! Up all night!

    Time to start that coffee delivery service, I think. People like us would LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so sorry for you and your sleep issues. I get insomnia, and I know how difficult that is for me. It's got to be 100 times worse when someone else is not letting you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i don't know how you can even tolerate being with them all day after having terrible nights. sometimes i think it's a blessing that i go to work in the morning so that i don't have to try and not go crazy with a cranky child.

    sending all sleeping vibes to you for the next while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! I hope you all get some much needed sleep over the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With you all the way sleep deprivation buddy. We've hit a serious wall with Kai and getting over it is resulting in a lot of tears on both sides. Nightmare.

    Hope things improve. Fast. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete