You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, December 28, 2009

The other side

The sickness appears to finally be gone. It was not a fun one, that thing. We kept thinking the kids were better only to find that the fever was back after half a day. On Boxing day the boy was sick in the morning and fine in the afternoon. The girl was fine in the morning and sick in the afternoon.

We have made good use of the DVD player this past week. I feel a bit guilty about that but neither the girl or her parents was up for much more.

The husband is off work this week for which I am immensely grateful. I feel like I can slack off when he is around. There is nothing I like better. Well, except for cupcakes.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, congratulations on making it through to the other side! I think we're finally feeling better too, knock wood. Hopefully next year's Christmas will be better for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to read that the kids are feeling better. Take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got through Christmas and get our dose of colds this week it seems. Glad you survived it and feel no guilt about that tv, sitting and resting is just what they need (at least that's what I tell myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you didn't have the 'perfect' holiday - so sorry. At least you have healthy kids, once again and that really is the most important thing, isn't it?

    Tomorrow will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're all feeling better now... my boys have been sick, it seems, since early November - if it's not one thing, it's another! I hate winter because of how many times they get sick. They had ear infections over Christmas that turned into pink eye that turned into throat infections that turned into new colds with runny noses and non-stop coughing, that is still continuing. It sucks! And me, too, my throat is sore... sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete