You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve or the Five Days of Sickness

The boy. Finally better.
The girl. Sick.
Us. Tired.

He woke up fine today. Which I appreciated since he has been sick for the last five days.

She developed a fever yesterday afternoon. It came on all of a sudden. She spent forty minutes just lying against my chest. I couldn't even remember the last time that had happened. Years? She seemed better this morning, and since I was really ready to get out of the house, we went to the husband's work party. She was fine, if a bit whiny. She threw up on the way home. All over her snowsuit and the stroller. She managed not to throw up on her brother and he continued to sleep through the whole thing. She has thrown up twice more since then.

We are exhausted. Five days of sickness. Five days of him not sleeping through the night.

If I could find anything under the tree tomorrow I would ask for sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Awww poor kids and poor sleepless mom! I hope it doesn't last long and you get a good long refreshing sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping for some Christmas magic - to ease the sleepy heads, quell the sickness and make Christmas Eve and Day wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete