You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, September 21, 2009

The moral of the story

I try to see the positive in a situation. I really do. I try to learn from my experiences and take away at least some grain of wisdom for the next time.

Today I learnt that you should never tell another mom how much you love staying at home with your children. Because after you do your day is going to suck.

It will suck in the way that your three year old decides to have a nap but your one year old won't. In the way that you will try on and off for over two hours to get said one year old to nap. Instead, your one year old will rub his closed eyes and snuggle against you only to turn on you moments later screaming and wiggling like a wild pig, pointing frantically at the door to his room. It will suck so bad that you will put him in his crib, close the door and climb under the covers where you will call your husband and ask him to come home. You will suddenly be so exhausted and tired that you would happily trade your children for a weeks worth of sleep.

And all because you told another mom how much you loved to spend your days with your darling children. Oh, and maybe also because the boy had a whole thirty minute nap in the stroller this morning at 8:30 am.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man .. I had days like that when I was home with Maude .. I felt bad for calling hubby to come and relieve but you do what you must (and thank yourself for your fine taste in partners!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yep. Also don't tell anyone your kid hasn't been really sick in a long time. They will instantly come down with something awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good one too. Seriously, I guess I just have to stop talking to people. Maybe it is actually a good thing that I complain a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the days whence GREAT moms are made!!! I had one of those days yesterday...it involved ALL three children, a Drs office, Target, grocery store and NO LUNCH!!! ARGH!! Talk about EXHAUSTED when I got home!! I went and HID and let the MIL "police" them for a while!! :) Today will be BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I have been caught by that one too!

    ReplyDelete