You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, September 14, 2009

A letter to the boy

Happy birthday!

I can't believe you are fifteen already. The years sure have flown by. It seems like just yesterday that you were a little baby learning to walk and talk. Wandering around in your red diaper. Playing cars with your sister. Making your dad walk up and down our street at 1 am in an attempt to get you to sleep.

Oh, how I miss those days. As a birthday surprise I have decided to try to recapture some of those special times. For the next week I will be waking you up each night by standing in the middle of your room crying. Loudly. I will crawl into bed with you and thrash about until you want to abandon your own bed. I will pretend to fall asleep only to wake you with my laugh just as you start to drift off. This may go on for twenty minutes or three hours. It will be entirely at my whim.

Really, those were special, special times. I am so very excited to be sharing them with you.

All my love,

Mom

12 comments:

  1. Great attitude! We can love them even when they torment us. And when they keep us awake, we have lots of time to plot revenge ;+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! That was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I thought this was quite humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao! another good night i see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! I'm glad to know that I sound funny and not just bitter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Boy! I think you should also tell him that you think there is a "monster" under your bed and ask him to go and check it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe that would be AWESOME!

    Sending belated birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh good idea. I'll do the same to my two when they are in their teens and just starting to really enjoy sleep. Don't forget the newborn favourite trick of breathing loudly and then ... stopping... a minute of silence is guarenteed to have you running to poke the baby to check it is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly what my husband is plotting. As our baby is only 8 weeks old, he has a lot of planning time to get it just right!

    ReplyDelete