You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, August 14, 2009

Telepathy: the birthday edition

My children have special powers. They have the ability to communicate with each other through their thoughts. It comes in handy. For them.

"Hey, birthday girl. Can you stop smashing those sandcastles for a moment to listen to me. We need to talk."

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well, I know it is your birthday and I am trying to be considerate and all but I am feeling a little neglected. All this attention for you and none for me."

"Didn't mom just spend the last half hour wandering around the park with you while you walked and she held your hand."

"Technically yes, but still. I was thinking that maybe I would develop a smallish malady. You know, a slight fever, maybe some lethargy. I am really just feeling the need to be held and cuddled."

"Hmm, yes, I can understand that. Now that I think about it I'm not really getting the degree of love and attention I should be getting considering it is my birthday. I may jump on this bandwagon of yours."

"How about we take it in shifts tonight. I will take 8pm until 2am. If I fuss enough and have trouble settling mom will eventually take me to bed with her. That will give me enough time to blow raspberries on her arm, chat a bit and practice my walking in the bed. I may even doze, but only if I am tucked into the crook of her arm. Yes, that should do nicely."

"I'll take 4:30 am until 7:30 am. I find that dad is always extra attentive if I pee the bed so I may start with that. I'll add in a slight fever and some tossing and turning too."

"Excellent. I think I feel a bit weak already. Why don't they have a fainting couch at the park? I guess mom's arms will have to do. Oh, and happy birthday."

"Yes, happy birthday to me."

8 comments:

  1. Very funny! My Husband and I are both laughing at loud to this one. Hopefully, everyone is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your telepathy posts - hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the smile... sounds like a heck of a day (and night)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! They should have hired you to write some of "Look Who's Talking Now" lol Hmmm... maybe they can talk to each other without our knowledge! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear sounds like a rough night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Don't you love nights like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So hilarious....maybe it is the sleep deprivation!! :D Hope you get more sleep tonight and everyone feels better! I am trying to get one of mine to bed as I type...he is just not having it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha...
    Oh no... hope you have a better night tonight.

    ReplyDelete