You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer

I am finally ready for summer. Yes, I know that it is almost the middle of August. But it has taken me this long to find the perfect bag for all the stuff I need to bring to the park and pack it with two towels, a blanket, two swimsuits each (one for the morning and one for the afternoon), snacks, my carrier and my diaper bag.

It has also taken me this long to figure out that I should always bring the umbrella stroller with me even though we live across the street from the park. This way I can put the boy in the stroller when I take the girl to the bathroom in the field house and make her sit on the potty.

Hmm, I wonder if I can fit a potty in my park bag.

8 comments:

  1. I want to hear more about this perfect bag! Where is it from? What brand? Where can I get one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a huge cotton bag with a stap I can use to put it across my chest. If is blue with pretty white flowers on it. Last season Old Navy for $10. It really is the best park bag EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband always shakes his head when I pack the "Park Bag" and complains that I am over-preprared all the time. I was a Girl Guide, waht can I say? It's in my instincts to "Be Prepared". My Park Bag is either our JJ Cole diaper bag or a big silver tote I got at a Clinique Bonus sale.

    For me, it is diapers, wipes, diaper changing mat, diaper creme, little blue smelly bags, facecloth, towel, sweater, change of pants, extra onesie, hat, tiny tupperware of cheerios, mum-mum, bottle of formula, sippy cup of water, sippy cup strap, teether, blanket, first aid kit, toy. All of this goes in the bag, and then attaches to the stroller which has a rain guard and bug guard stuffed into the teeny compartment underneath the seat, with our wallets, cellphones, keys and whatever else we need...

    *thud* and lets not talk about the Beach Bag, or the Overnight to Grandma and Grandpa's Bag...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list. One thing I learnt today is to always pack our health cards. Will post about that tonight. It will be a longish post.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he! So glad you are enjoying your summer! It seems to go by WAY to fast! It is almost back to school time for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe. Let me think about it. I will post a picture of the girl soon. It is her birthday in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, they DO have "travel" potties with disposable baggies! But I would definitely have to see a picture of the bag to see if it would fit! And don't get me started on how PACKED we were for a 4 day beach trip! I mean I have REALLY got to learn not to overpack!!

    ReplyDelete