You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, July 6, 2009

A virus

The bug that had the boy throwing up last week has been making it's way through the house. After the boy finally stopped vomiting, six times in four days, I got sick. I spent one morning last week being violently ill.

When I get sick I get bitter. My feeling is that I have already done my share of throwing up, thank you very much. If anyone in this house has to be upchucking I think it should be the husband. I did my part when I threw up every morning for nine weeks when I was pregnant with the girl. The sad part is that really wasn't even too bad. It was much worse when I was pregnant with the boy. Then I was throwing up in the early evenings which meant anything I had eaten for lunch or an afternoon snack was making it's way up.

(If you are looking for a good place to throw up in downtown Ottawa, let me know. I had to stop at a lot of places on my way home from work. I recommend the main floor bathroom at the Lord Elgin Hotel.)

The husband woke up feeling sick today. He decided to stay home and rest. I really hope he feels better soon. But I kind of hope that he throws up too.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, that's a lot of sick in your household! Being sick in the summer is a double bummer, no? Hope you all feel better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I hate vomit flus. Hope it leaves in a hurry (with at least one or two pukes from your hubby) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! There was someone at my work with a similar malady. I hope you feel better soon.
    I agree that you have definitely paid off your "puking" debts. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that your household is not feeling great...but I totally agree that you should be exempt from being sick (all Mommies should be)!

    ReplyDelete