You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Talking telepathically

My children are special in many ways. One of their most interesting skills is the ability to speak to each other telepathically. Let's listen in.

"How do you like your dinner?"

"Blech! Quinoa and swiss chard soup. Yuck! All I really want to eat is a piece of bread and butter. Or Cheerios. Usually if I complain long enough they will break out the cereal so I don't go to bed hungry."

"Man, I can't wait until I can eat bread. I am sick of eating baby food and cereal. The worst is the stuff mom makes herself. Why does she even bother?"

"You know, I think I am done with dinner. I'm just going to tell them that I am really tired and want to go to bed."

"But it isn't even 6:30 yet, will they believe you?"

"They will if I say it over and over. What are you going to do?"

"I think I will just keep spitting out the banana mom offers me and then maybe scream for a bit."

Later

"Are you asleep?"

"No. Are you?"

"No, I'm downstairs with mom. She tried to put me to bed. I counter with a fun game where I push her boob away whenever she offers it. That lasted awhile but then we stopped. I guess I won! I thought you would be asleep by now?"

"Nah, once dad put me in bed I realized that I wasn't really tired."

"Is that you I hear yelling?"

"Yes. I am trying to convince him that I should be awake. He doesn't seem to be listening very well! What are you going to do next?"

"Mom will probably try to take me back upstairs soon. I might nurse for awhile but then I think I will try doing some yelling too. Maybe twenty minutes or so. You have inspired me."

"Awe. I guess that is what big sisters are for. To teach you things. You know, it is pretty awesome having a brother. I wonder if we can convince mom and dad to have another kid".

"I bet we could. How could they not want another kid?"

3 comments:

  1. oh my!!! you had be just about falling off the chair laughing at this one... except I know i shouldn't be laughing! i'm convinced they really are this clever from the day they are born! It is us parents that are slow on the uptake!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I guess there is at least one advantage to only having one child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was hilarious. The scary thing is it's likely to be true ;)

    ReplyDelete