You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Saturday, July 25, 2009

More about me

Because I don't talk about myself enough I was happy to do this meme from Jessica at This Is Worthwhile.

1. Who is the hottest movie star?
Jennifer Garner. I was a big Alias fan. Plus she seems nice. Like the kind of mom I would talk to at the park and she wouldn't look down on me because I just wiped the boy's nose with my shirt. There is no higher praise than that.

2. Apart from your house and your car, what's the most expensive item you've ever bought?
The single Chariot stroller we bought before the girl was born. With no car that was our deluxe means of transportation for her. It was a lifesaver on really cold winter days when I didn't want to take her out in a carrier. We still have no car but we have since upgraded to a used double stroller. It cost about as much as the new single.

Girl eating a pizza lunch after her school birthday. This was before she had a hat that fit her and so she was wearing mine. I liked the juxtaposition of the stroller behind her.

3. What is your most treasured memory?

Introducing the girl to her brother. We had just arrived home from the hospital (grandma driving in case you wondered) and the girl was across the street at the park with my sister. By the time they got home I was upstairs in our room with the baby waiting for them. I was so excited for the girl to meet him. He was only a few hours old and she went right up to the car seat he was still in and squatted down beside him. I was so in awe of what I was seeing I didn't know until later that the first thing she said to him was "hello little baby".


4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
A porcelain musical doll. The base could be wound and the small doll would turn in circles while the music played. It was a thank you gift after being the flower girl in a wedding. This was one of the few objects to survive my teenage purge of all "baby" things.


5. What's the biggest mistake you've ever made?
There have been a few good ones, usually because I didn't listen to myself, my intuition. So my biggest mistake has to be not listening to myself.

6. Four words to describe yourself
Shy, cautious, hopeful, grateful

7. What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008?
Welcoming the boy into our family. The pregnancy was hard and life with two kids can sure be a challenge sometimes (see pretty much any other post) but I love them fiercely! The boy is such an amazing kid. Just like his sister.

8. Favorite film?
Muriel's Wedding. I saw it when I was eighteen and it just spoke to me. I laughed, I cried, I understood trying to figure out who you should become.

9. Tell me one thing I don't know about you?
I met the husband in London, England when I was nineteen. I was from Manitoba and he was from Ontario. Yup, had to go oversees to get me a Canadian boyfriend.

10. If you were a comic book or cartoon character who would you be?
Josie from Josie and the Pussycats. She was sweet, a good friend and always seem to have it together.


Instead of tagging some of my favorite bloggers I challenge everyone reading to pick one of the questions and leave your answer in the comments. And I mean EVERYONE. If I don't finally get a comment from my dad and stepmom I am suspending Skyping privileges!

9 comments:

  1. I love #3! That was such a treasured moment for me as well...I couldn't WAIT for my son to come to the hospital to meet his baby sister...a new member of the family forever. I also laughed when you had to go overseas to meet the man of your dreams. I had to go to a bar to meet mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hottest movie star is Ewan McGregor. I've tried to get over him, really I have. But I loved him before Moulin Rouge (most romantic movie ever, tied with A Room With A View and Moonstruck) and him playing Obiwan Kenobi (I LOVE Star Wars). So now it's over and done, I'll never move on :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonstruck... love that film...

    Hottest movie star? I don't watch a lot of films however, I have a not so secret thing about Matt Damon. Confession that Brad Pitt really doesn't do it for me. (I'm boy crazy, this question was hard.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also being a huge Alias fan I think Jennifer Garner was a good choice.

    One of the most memorable (I don't know if best) was a pink ghetto blaster I got from Santa. I had asked Santa for a PINK one specifically. Funny, as I was never a girly girl but an d affirmed tomboy. My parent's friend searched the Eaton inventory and had one shipped to Winnipeg for me.

    I can still rememebr the awe that I had asked for a pink one, despite never having even seen one in pink - and there it was, waiting for me on Christmas morning. To make it even more awesome, it was a double tape deck.

    One of the best Christmas gifts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
    I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks!! :)
    -lexi
    Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big fan of Alias as well!

    8. Favorite film?

    True Romance.... perfect movie.. it has everything. Romance, violence, love story, awesome cast, quotable lines...I've watched it atleast a good 50 times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My highlight of 2008 was getting married in Mexico. I'd relive the whole day in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. That picture of the girl eating pizza is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6. Four words to describe yourself

    obtuse, haughty, misanthropic, and humorless

    ReplyDelete