You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, July 24, 2009

Last night

Last night I attended Blog Out Loud. I even read something. Actually, I read my favorite post. This is a post for the girl, one I want her to read when she is older so that she will know how much I love her. Because I do. I may complain, I mean speak honestly about my life at home with two kids but there is nowhere else I would rather be. It is hard sometimes but sometimes life is hard.

Last night I had the chance to hear some amazing bloggers read their work. It was nice to be able to put faces to blogs. I am excited to spend some more time checking out their blogs and the blogs of some of the attendees. I only wished I hadn't been so shy and spoken to more people. Yes, I can get up in front of a crowd and read but I am too shy to introduce myself in person. That is part of the conundrum that is me.

Last night Lynn did an amazing job organizing and hosting the event. I want to thank her for letting me read. And for telling me that I am a writer in addition to being a blogger. That is what I want to be.

4 comments:

  1. That was a great post you read! I wanted to come up and tell you in person that Joni Mitchell is one of my favorite artists, but like you, I was 'too shy'. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post to read! Our son gets a lot of alternative rock... some of it is hard to sing, but we always sing You are my Sunshine... and of course some U2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always sang two songs to the girl that would never go to sleep... The Clash's 'Train in Vain', and Leonard Cohen's 'Everybody Knows' - hardly children's classics!
    Was a great story to read - brought be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post. I wanted to comment that The Man would sing Bat Out of Hell (Meatloaf) to The Boy. The Boy would ask for it... speaking of inappropriate music. :)

    Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat. :)

    ReplyDelete