You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Conversations with the girl

Scene: Circle time at playgroup. All the parents and caregivers sit in a circle with children in their laps. The boy sits in my lap. The girl hangs off my neck.

All: Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. And on his farm he had a ...

Playgroup leader: What kind of animal did he have?

Little boy: A horse!

Playgroup leader: A horse.

All: And on his farm he had a horse. E-I-E-I-O. With a neigh neigh here and neigh neigh there, here a neigh, there a neigh, everywhere a neigh neigh, Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. And on that farm he had a ...

Playground leader: What kind of animal did he have? She looks at the girl.

The girl: A minnow!

Playgroup leader: What did she say?

The girl: A minnow!!

Me: She said a minnow.

Playgroup leader: Oh. Okay. A minnow.

All: And on his farm he had a minnow, E-I-E-I-O. With a ...

Playgroup leader: A glub glub here ...

All: A glub glub here and a glub glub there, here a glub, there a glub, everywhere a glub glub, Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Sounds similar to the version my boys like to sing that includes dinosaurs & monkeys & bears :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Thank goodness we weren't there. M is in his potty talk phase and last time he sang that song it was "Ol McDonald Had a POOP!"

    ReplyDelete