You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Two posts

This was the post I had been thinking about all day

Title: If he is old, what does that make me?

After a lovely birthday party this morning, where the girl consumed large amounts of juice, candy and cake, the four of us walked to the nearby farmer's market to pick up vegetables for the week. As we chatted about the party, the husband misheard one of my many witty remarks.

"What was that dear?" he asked.

I laughed. "You sound so old saying that" I said. "You sound like", I paused, looking for a suitable comparison, "you sound like you are forty!".

Silence.

"Oh", I said laughing. "You almost are. I was trying to think of what would be old and I thought of forty. I guess you sound like you are eighty!"

Remember when forty was old? I must have entered a brief time warp where I was nineteen again and forty was old. I may be younger than the husband but not that much younger. So if he is old, what does that make me?

And then this happened

Title: I smell like vomit

I was sitting nursing the boy to sleep tonight and writing the above post in my head when he unlatched and rolled away from me. Thinking he wanted to be walked, I put him against my chest, his head resting against my left shoulder, and turned towards the well worn path I often walk in his room. Before I could move the boy projectile vomited. Luckily my body blocked most of the vomit from the rest of the room.

Stunned, I just stood there. I didn't want to put him down because there was some vomit on the floor and I didn't want to put him in the crib because then I would have to change the sheets. I wanted the vomit off me though. I grabbed a burp cloth and used it to open the door (yup, vomit on my hands) and called downstairs to the husband.

I put the boy in the bathtub while the husband wiped off the floor in his room. Needless to say he cried about being put in the bathtub and tried to cling to me, despite the vomit. The husband helped me wipe down the boy and then took him while I wiped myself down. Yuck!

The boy is not a kid who throws up much so I am a little worried. Was it his dinner? Is he sick? Did he eat some back sand at the park? Who knows. I'm sure it will be a long night.

On the bright side it looks like I am definitely getting a shower tomorrow.

So I decided to post both

4 comments:

  1. oh I hope the boy is ok and you get some sleep tonight. It's never any fun being puked on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I hate the projectile vomit. So glad those days are over. Hopefuly it was a one off and you got some sleep and the boy is fine.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog. I am still thinking of reading at BOLO, but what they heck to read? Hopefully we'll have a chance to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forty IS old. My hair is greying and the other day I found a random patch of long, dark hair on the back of my right thigh. WHAT UP, 40?

    Anyway. I posted a bio of you on the Blog Out Loud blog this morning...for some reason your comments box won't let me post the URL, but you can go read it at bolottawa.wordpress.com. Let me know if you'd like anything changed or added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your little guy's OK, and the vomiting was an isolated incident.

    And I am 4 months older than my husband, to my eternal chagrin. All summer long my age is 1 number higher than his. So when he acts as if he's as old as dirt, I suppose that makes me OLDER than dirt. :/

    ReplyDelete