You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, June 5, 2009

A drop in the bucket

There has been a shortage of sleep around here. Apparently, at least according to the husband's Internet research, babies often go through a period of disrupted sleep at nine months due to increased brain activity and growth. That would be us. The boy's brain in growing and we are not sleeping.

Last night he slept better than he had in weeks and gave us two four hour periods of sleep. Usually he comes into bed with me, you know since he is up every two hours and I am too tired to get out of bed to nurse him, but last night the husband co-slept with him while I went to the guest bed. If that is what it takes to get him to sleep longer than the husband is in for a surprise tonight!

One night of better sleep is just a drop in the bucket to me though. Continuing with the theme of buckets, I've decided that I am a rain bucket. One of those really big ones. I keep being emptied to water the growing garden but it hasn't rained in a long time. The water level is getting low.

If I had the energy I would do a rain dance. Maybe I could get the girl to do it for me. She always has energy.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! This, too, will pass... hopefully sooner than later! If you're desperate you could always hire a babysitter (or make use of a friend or relative) for a few hours just to get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete