You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Monday, May 4, 2009

She's a mommy

The first time you meet me, look carefully. Here are ten ways you can tell I am a mom.

1. My hands are chapped from constantly washing them after diaper changes.

2. I haven't had a haircut in almost five months and I don't care.

3. I live in jogging pants or my maternity yoga pants because, while I can just fit into them, my pre-baby clothes are still a bit too tight.

4. I have various different types of stains all over my clothes. I could change, but those clothes have stains on them too.

5. I am not wearing any jewelery, expect my wedding ring, because it would just get pulled off or tugged at.

6. My diaper bag is my purse.

7. I will happily discuss the merits of various strollers with you for over an hour.

8. Our conversation will be interrupted six times with requests for snacks and toys, and possibly, tears.

9. I will try to make fleeting eye contact with you in between scanning the area to locate both kids.

10. I will have a small child either strapped to my chest or hanging off my leg.

3 comments:

  1. You are living my life ;)

    However, I will dispute number 2 - I DO care that I need my hair done - bah!

    All the rest, are soooo true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with these! Glad to know I'm not the only one with extra dry hands due to frequent hand washing! (But I do get my hair done often enough!) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, YES, to the power of ten. Only problem is that I have returned to work, so squeeze my arse into my pre-baby clothes, I must. It's not pretty.

    ReplyDelete