You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Friday, April 3, 2009

You decide

I was trying to decide on the title of this post and had narrowed it down to two when I decided that anyone reading this should have the pleasure of picking. As a summary of the day do you prefer 1) "Fine, pee in your underwear then" or 2) "Don't take six Valiums".

1) was uttered by the husband with a high level of frustration when trying to get the girl to sit on the potty. In his defence it had been a long time since she had peed. She is pretty much potty trained but a few accidents do still occur so we often ask her to give it a try. I could hear the husband muttering a bit from the next room as he stalked off.

2) was said to me by my sweet little girl after my attempts to get her dressed for a walk ended with me contemplating out loud my need for six Valiums if I was going to make it through the day. I mean, come on, how hard is it to put on a coat and boots. She does it every day my little angel! (add a bit of sarcasm to the last line)

We were all still home sick today but I see some improvement. I am hoping, hoping, hoping with my fingers crossed that we will be magically well enough tomorrow to attend a three year old's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment