You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Play nice

Sometimes I don't want to play nice. I want to be grumpy and snappy and whine. I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I don't want to be responsible and mature. I want to be a toddler!

The kids are both still sick (the girl threw up again this morning) and the husband and I are feeling it too. Maybe it is just being sick and stuck in the house, and I know it could be worse (yada, yada, yada), but I am feeling weary and out of patience. I want to be selfish and go lie in bed for three hours and read a book. And while my husband is amazing and would try to make that happen as much as possible if I said I needed it, I feel guilty enough taking some time on the computer.

So, time to go deep. I know there must be a reserve of patience in me somewhere. Just enough to get me until bedtime. And if I can't play nice, maybe I can atleast play pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment