You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh how the smug have fallen

Remember how I said that I was feeling a bit smug about the girl being so polite over lunch with our guests. Not feeling so smug now.

Last night we had a friend and her daughter over for dinner. The friend kindly brought cupcakes for dessert. Yum, I say. So did the girl. Repeatedly. Throughout dinner.

"I want a cupcake"

"You can have a cupcake but you have to wait until everyone is finished eating. Mommy is still eating. Daddy is still eating."

Pause.

"I want a cupcake"

This went on and on until we finally said that if she didn't stop asking she would get a time out and couldn't have a cupcake. To be honest neither of us could face the melt down that would come with denying her a cupcake. How embarrassing would that be in front of our guests! She did end up with a time out and we tried to distract her until I quickly finished eating. Needless to say she ate her whole cupcake. So did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment