You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Thursday, April 9, 2009

New words

Both of the kids have learnt new words. Or kind of words in the case of the boy.

The boy is now saying "bub bub bub bub". He likes to say it loud and repetitively. It seems to mean a combination of "I want that"and "hey you, give it to me".

Really, that boy is lucky he is so cute. He was up more times then I can remember last night, having blocked most of the night from my memory. I woke up feeling pretty cranky with him and the world in general. I tried to be sympathetic, reminding myself that he is just a baby and probably teething or something. But the sympathy was a bit of an act for the husband and mother-in-law. It wasn't until my sister noticed his first top tooth peaking out through his gums that my heart of stone actually melted a bit. Poor guy, he has been randomly crying on and off all day. Hopefully the rest of the tooth will come in quickly.

The girl also has a new word as of yesterday. When I picked her up from school and asked her if she had a good day she said "mm-hm". For the rest of the day any affirmative answer was "mm-hm". No yes or yup. Just"mm-hm". Spelling the word doesn't really do it justice. It is this cute, quiet little sound that she makes in the back of her throat with a closed mouth. "Mm-hm". I love it.

I am going to try to upload a recording of the girl telling stories with her dad. They make up a story together before bed every night. The husband's favorite story from a few nights ago involves hungry children following jaguars to jaguar New York City and then being discovered and eaten by other jaguars. Hmm, maybe you have to be there to fully appreciate the story.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya SITSta, my youngest who is 19 months has a new phrase "no, mine!" She says it for everything and it gets a little thin. Hang in there mama, hopefully it won't last too much longer ;) Thanks for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete