You can now find Capital Mom at www.capitalmom.ca

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Calming down

Okay, I've gained some perspective.

I think I can make it through the afternoon. But there is something about this time of day, leading up to and including lunch time and nap time, that just gets to me. It is the franticness of getting both kids fed, finding something both kids will eat, and trying to bundle them off to naps without one or all of us having a melt down. It is the sweet promise of maybe twenty minutes to myself if I can both get them asleep at the same time. It is the resentment, and maybe a little bit of anger, when that break gets so casually taken away.

I think they are both asleep now. I don't hear any noise from the girl's room. She hasn't napped in three days so this is a little unexpected. But appreciated. I am going to enjoy having no demands on me for how ever long I have. I can relax now in a way I never can when they are both awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment